Did you recently set up your Netgear router through routerlogin.net? Are the messages, Can’t access routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net is not working constantly bugging you? Worry no more, because I have got the solution to your problem.
To gain access to your routerlogin.net, consider the following steps and tips:
- The first and foremost step in the process is to check that you have put the accurate web address, password, and username.
If you recall, in order to set up the router you have to login through the web address www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com by filling in the username and password.
So, make sure you have input the correct information.
User name: admin
Also, the default password will no longer work, if you had changed the password earlier.
- Clearing the internet browser cache is an important step getting access to routerlogin.net. So, try cleaning your browser cache if you receive an error when attempting to access the routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net web address.
Also, if you are using a browser, for example, Google chrome and you are unable to login to your router, try changing the browser you use. You can then use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.
- If routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com is not working, you can also login through the IP address 192.168.1.1
- If your Netgear router is not working, disconnect all the other internet and VPN connections, connected to your device.
- You can also keep the power to your NETGEAR router and cable modem off for at least 10 seconds before rebooting the network.
- Avoid placing any electronic devices between the router and your PC. The electromagnetic waves emitting from these devices can obstruct the working of your router.
- Place your router close to your PC and avoid keeping it in closed places like drawers or cupboards.
The positioning of the router plays a vital role. Place the router attached to the wall in the center of the room close to the PC, instead of in the corner.
- To ensure that there are no viruses affecting your ability to login to your router, remove any and every virus by performing malware and anti-virus scans.
- Properly check the ethereal cables attached to your router, modem, and PC.
- If none of the above tips work their magic, perform a factory reset of your router. After reset, try logging in your router again using the correct username, password, and webaddress.
How to reset Netgear router?
Netgear router not working can be transformed into work, by following this simple step.
First, try to exercise a soft reset:
- Locate the power button and press it.
- Wait for at least 20 seconds to switch it back on.
If www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net still does not work you can also try doing a hard reset;
- Press the reset button on your router for about 30 seconds till it restarts.
- Wait for the router to reboot completely.
In case you can’t locate the reset button look for the recessed button
Once the router reboots and a green or white light appears, follow the same steps for the modem.
Also, prevention is better than cure. So before you set up your router, follow these steps to make sure you definitely login through routerlogin.net.
- Make secure connections to your router, modem, and PC using Ethernet cables.
- Connect your broadband modem with Ethernet port and PC with LAN port of your Netgear router.
- Before stepping into the setup of the router, keep in mind to boot your router, modem, and PC.
Updating the firmware software
Many routerlogin.net users skip the important step of updating the firmware. Netgear keeps on releasing new firmware update because a software/firmware update improves the performance of the router. The firmware update makes the system more efficient, leading to increased performance and speed.
Follow these steps to update your firmware:
- Use the routerlogin.net to login to Netgear genie page.
- Click on the option Advanced and then choose administration to open administrative settings.
- Check the latest firmware update for your router after clicking on router upgrade.
- The downloads and installations will begin automatically once any updates are found.
- Once the firmware has been updated, the router will then reboot.
After you have tried all the above-advised ways to make routerlogin.net work, you can now make changes to any of the following settings:
- You can now change the password to your router login.
- Manage all the devices that are attached to your network.
- You can change the configuration of your router.
- Perform the firmware updates, manually.
- Manage parental controls and set-up restrictions.
So, now that your routerlogin.net is working, enjoy its speed and experience the simplicity of using a Netgear router.