Router management is important to control who uses your wireless network. Too many devices simultaneously connected to the network can reduce internet browsing strength. Sometimes, you feel the need to see who is connected to your wireless network, majorly if your network has no password protection or it is a public network.
Having unknown devices connected to your network is not desired at all. So, monitoring the connected devices gives you the ability to see their IP addresses.
Finding the devices connected to your network via Admin Panel
You can use your router’s Admin Panel to find out all the IP addresses of the connected networking devices. At the same time, the Admin Panel will give you the name of those devices as well.
Using the device and IP address, you will become aware of all the devices that are connected. Hence, you can identify which devices are yours and which ones aren’t.
Here are the steps to follow to check the connected device names and IP addresses:
- Reach your web browser.
- Type routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.net in the URL search box.
- You should be able to see a login webpage. Use your login password and username to enter the Admin Panel successfully. For the default password and username, you can see your router’s label.
- After logging in successfully, you can find BASIC, then, go to “Attached Devices”.
- Then, you will be able to see all the devices names along with their IP addresses. These are the devices that are connected to your network.
Identify, which ones are not yours.
Seeing all connected devices in the network with the Genie app
You can also utilize the Genie app on your mobile to see all the devices connected to your router. The Genie app contains a panel for router management that offers the feature of monitoring the connected devices.
However, the Genie app isn’t receiving any updates in terms of features anymore. So, if your router is compatible with Orbi or Nighthawk app, your genie app will prompt you to download the compatible app whenever you try to access it. But, if you have a router that isn’t supported by Orbi or Nighthawk app, you can utilize the Genie app in the process.
Here is how you can use the Genie app on your mobile phone to see all the connected devices:
- Establish a connection between your mobile gadget and the Wi-Fi network of your router.
Note: You can skip this stage, if you are able to access the router remotely already.
- Launch your Genie app on the mobile device.
- Enter the password and username of your router, then, click on the option “Login” available on the dashboard.
- Now, go to the panel of network information and swipe up.
- You should be able to all the devices connected to your wireless network router.
With these two methods, you can figure out which devices are connected to the router’s wireless network. As you can see, it takes nothing more than a few clicks to monitor your wireless network connection. These steps are important to keep your network clean and safe from unwanted users.
You can contact us for assistance in case you face issues in the given steps.