For satellite connection, you need a strong router that offers a seamless connection. So you shouldn’t rely on low-grade routers if you are using a satellite connection. The best option is Netgear. Netgear currently has the best and most budget-friendly range of routers for satellite connection. And the best part is that the configuration is easy too.
For your convenience, today, we are going to discuss the setup, configuration, and handling of your Netgear router with satellite internet. So, without further delay, let’s get into it.
Connecting Netgear Router To a Satellite Connection
If you already have a satellite internet service installed at your home or office, follow the steps given below to connect your Netgear router with the satellite connection.
- First, connect your modem with the satellite connection coming from the dish antenna.
- Once the modem is configured, use an ethernet cable to connect the Netgear router.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the modem and the other end to your Netgear router.
- Now connect your Netgear router to a power supply and turn on the power.
Once done, your router will be connected to your satellite connection. However, you still have to configure your router to ensure a secure connection with your satellite internet.
Routerlogin.net Setup And Netgear Router Configuration
To configure your Netgear router, you’ll have to create a Netgear account via routerlogin.net. Follow the steps given below to log in to routerlogin.net.
- Connect a device to your Wi-Fi connection and open your browser.
- Visit routerlogin.net, and you will see a login page.
- Enter username as “admin” and enter the password that you specified during setup. You can also use your default IP 192.168.1.1 to log in to routerlogin.net.
- If you don’t have the password, contact your router provider, and they will help you recover your password.
- Once you enter the password you will enter your Netgear account, and you will see the details of your new satellite connection.
- The connection will have generic settings, which may be insecure, and that’s why you must configure the settings as soon as you set up the router.
Steps to configure the connection:
- Inside your Netgear account, locate the new connection and click on it.
- Now you can see the generic information about the connection.
- Change the connection name to something that you can recognize easily.
- Now change the network security settings to WPA, which is the most secure for home and office applications.
- Finally, set up a network password. Make sure that your password is complex and unpredictable.
- You must also change your network password frequently to ensure maximum security.
Netgear has a highly user-friendly mobile app Netgear Genie that allows you to configure and handle your network easily through your smartphone. So, make sure you download it immediately.
How To Download And Use Network Genie?
- Go to Google Play Store or IOS App store and search “Network Genie“.
- Download the app and complete the installation on your device.
- Once done, open the application and log in with your Netgear account username and password.
- You can now see your Netgear account on your smartphone.
With Network Genie, you can easily handle your networks and connected devices through your smartphone. You can restrict access to a certain device, change network passwords, and even configure a new connection.
So, Get Netgear Now For Your Satellite Connection
A satellite connection offers plenty of benefits like higher speed, seamless connection, and independent wireless internet services.
And as you can see, with Netgear Routers, the benefits of satellite connections get multiplied. You can easily configure your network, make changes to the settings, and also reconfigure easily via routerlogin.net or Netgear Genie app.
So, don’t wait now. Get Netgear now for your satellite connection.