Want to know how to get parental controls on your Netgear router? Well, all you need is a Netgear router with Circle. Circle is a smart parental control system available on select Netgear routers. With Circle, you get plenty of features to manage and control internet usage for your kids.
Here are some of the cool features that Circle offers.
Circle Smart Parental Controls offers a wide range of security features that allow you to control internet time for websites, apps, and devices. You can also view browsing history and set up other parental controls effortlessly.
With Circle, you can intelligently manage playtime, homework time, and bedtime, for your kids. Once you set the parameters and preferences, Circle will automatically control the internet and web usage for you.
The entire parental control system can be controlled via a highly user-friendly mobile app. So now you can control the internet from anywhere through your smartphone.
We know you’re excited to know how to set up Circle on your Netgear router. So, without further delay, let’s get into it.
A Few Important Things First
Before we go ahead with the Circle setup, here are a few important things that you would need.
- Routerlogin.net username & password
- Full access to your Circle-enabled Netgear router
- The SSID and password of your Netgear router
- The Circle app
If you have all the above, then you are ready to set up Circle Smart Parental Control. Let’s get started.
Set up Circle Smart Parental Controls on Netgear Router Using Web GUI
Follow these simple steps to set up Circle using Web GUI:
- Connect your Netgear to the internet source and power supply and turn it on.
- On your internet-enabled device, open a web browser, and go to Netgear router login.
- Enter your username and password to log in. You can also use your default IP 192.168.1.1 to log in to your Netgear account.
- After logging in, you will see a new window with the name “Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls“, click on “Enable“.
- Once enabled you can now set the desired settings for Parental controls.
- Just toggle the sliders to choose the settings according to your preferences, and press “Apply“.
- And that’s all. Circle Parental Controls will be now activated on your Netgear Router.
You can also set up Circle Parental Controls using the Circle app on your smartphone. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Set up Circle Smart Parental Controls on Netgear Router Using Circle App
You can download the Circle app by following the link displayed on your Netgear account. So, log in now and download the app.
- Once the app is installed on your smartphone, go ahead and launch it.
- When the app is open, tap on the “Get Started” button.
- It will take you to the login page.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Once logged in, you can see all your Circle account details.
- Now you can choose the required preferences and functions for Parental control.
- Once done, press “Continue“, and on the next page, press “Awesome“.
And that’s it. Circle Smart Parental Controls on Netgear Router will be activated immediately. If you have any issues regarding Circle Parental Controls, feel free to contact us, and we’ll be glad to assist you.